M&A Readiness Services for Technology Service Providers:
M&A activity is trending toward an all-time high in the technology space, and with the recent statistics pointing to over 40% of technology firm owners looking to retire in the next 7 years, maybe it is time to think about your own readiness to sell.
As a technology M&A Advisor, Linda’s sole focus is selling technology services providers. We believe you shouldn’t have to explain to your M&A advisor the meaning of VAR, MSP, CSP, ISP, ISV or any other acronym you happen to use to describe your IT business.
As a former CEO, Linda has successfully acquired and sold four companies (two for 100% cash at close). She intimately understands the process both from an owner and technology M&A advisor perspective.
Our services will guide you from properly presenting your financials to articulating a compelling value proposition to a prospective buyer as Linda prepares you for the ultimate “exit”. Getting your company to the point where it becomes attractive to a buyer is half the battle, and that battle is quicker and easier with a knowledgeable, experienced M&A advisor.
Our M&A Readiness Services will help sellers:
- Design pre-sale strategies to market your company – even before you decide to sell.
- Establish a Virtual Data Room and populate it with the initial documents for an LOI.
- Assist in getting your financials in order – understanding the correct presentation of EBITDA and how to maximize it.
- In-depth review of your customer base and your organizational structure for the most optimal valuation.
- Create a Blind Teaser and Confidential Information Memorandum to distribute to prospective buyers.
- Understand the difference between a strategic buyer and a financial buyer and how to position the company toward each buyer type.
- How to handle an “unsolicited” offer and how to engage with a private equity firm or family office.
- Assist with Working Capital calculations.
- Step through the emotional decision to leave entirely or continue with less equity while continuing to work for the new buyers.
And finally, successfully closing a transaction with the buyer of your choice maximizing the price and terms you desire.
Having the right technology M&A advisor by your side is the difference between a waste of your time and energy and a successful transaction. If there is even a sliver of a doubt that we are the right M&A firm for you, be sure to read our testimonials from past clients.
Remember, the best companies are bought, not sold.