M&A Readiness Services for Technology Service Providers:
M&A activity is trending toward an all-time high in the technology space, and with the recent statistics pointing to over 40% of technology firm owners looking to retire in the next 7 years, maybe it is time to think about your own readiness to sell.
As a technology M&A Advisor, Linda’s sole focus is selling technology services providers. We believe you shouldn’t have to explain to your mergers and acquisitions advisor the meaning of VAR, MSP, CSP, ISP, ISV or any other acronym you happen to use to describe your IT business.
As a former CEO, Linda has successfully acquired and sold four companies (two for 100% cash at close). She intimately understands the process both from an owner and technology mergers and acquisition advisor perspective.
Our services will guide you from properly presenting your financials to articulating a compelling value proposition to a prospective buyer as Linda prepares you for the ultimate “exit”. Getting your company to the point where it becomes attractive to a buyer is half the battle, and that battle is quicker and easier with a knowledgeable, experienced technology M&A advisor.
Our M&A Readiness Services will help sellers:
- Design pre-sale strategies to market your company – even before you decide to sell.
- Establish a Virtual Data Room and populate it with the initial documents for an LOI.
- Assist in getting your financials in order – understanding the correct presentation of EBITDA and how to maximize it.
- In-depth review of your customer base and your organizational structure for the most optimal valuation.
- Create a Blind Teaser and Confidential Information Memorandum to distribute to prospective buyers.
- Understand the difference between a strategic buyer and a financial buyer and how to position the company toward each buyer type.
- How to handle an “unsolicited” offer and how to engage with a private equity firm or family office.
- Assist with Working Capital calculations.
- Step through the emotional decision to leave entirely or continue with less equity while continuing to work for the new buyers.
And finally, successfully closing a transaction with the buyer of your choice maximizing the price and terms you desire.
Having the right technology M&A advisor by your side is the difference between a waste of your time and energy and a successful transaction. If there is even a sliver of a doubt that we are the right mergers and acquisition firm for you, be sure to read our testimonials from past clients.
Remember, the best companies are bought, not sold.